3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
3 sticks butter, softened
1 cup milk
2-3 tablespoons vanilla extract (I use about 3 because I really love the vanilla flavor, most use 1)
(Extra butter, or preferably shortening and flour for the Bundt pan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub the shortening or extra butter generously in a Bundt pan, then put in a little extra flour from the bag and cover the pan with that also. Just enough to make sure the pound cake is easy to remove from the pan after it is done baking.
- In a large bowl, cream the 3 sticks of butter with a blender.
- Add 3 cups of sugar, one at a time, and blend with the butter.
- Add 3 cups or flour, one at a time, and blend.
- Add eggs and… I’m sure you guessed it! Blend it.
- Add 1 cup milk and 2-3 tablespoons vanilla extract and blend until smooth.
- Pour into Bundt pan you prepared earlier and bake about 1 hour 30 to 45 minutes. Or until you can insert a knife and it comes out clean.
Your tasty pound cake is all done. I recommend letting it sit for 20- 30 minutes before removing from the pan. Or else, you risk it possibly ending up in 2 pieces if you try to get it out of the pan before it’s cool enough.
You can also put some powdered sugar on top when you take it out of the pan if you’d like. But I would wait until it cools down. My mom told me to do it while it was hot once, the powdered sugar ended up looking more yellow than white.